Schedule 1 paragraph 7 of the Pharmacy Act 2007 provides that the Council of the PSI may establish advisory committees to advise it in relation to the performance of its functions. The terms of reference, the chairperson of the Committee and the period of membership are all determined by Council. The Council also approve the membership of the Committee which can be made up of both Council members and co-opted members who have a special knowledge and experience relating to the purpose of the committee. Advisory committees report regularly to Council on the business which has been done.
The Council of the PSI has six advisory committees:
- Registration and Qualification Recognition Committee
- Professional Development and Learning Committee
- Pharmacy Practice Development Committee
- Inspection and Enforcement Committee
- Administration and Finance Committee
- Chairpersons' Committee