Freedom of Information
The Freedom of Information Act 2014 gives you the right to access records held by the Pharmaceutical Society of Ireland (PSI), which is a FOI body.
Like other FOI bodies, in line with the 2014 Act we maintain a publication scheme so that information can be made routinely available to the public outside of FOI, in the interest of openness, transparency and accountability.
You will find already published information about us, the work that we do and the documents we publish by clicking on the relevant link below. We aim to update this information in as timely a manner as possible.
If you do not find the information you require already available on our website, please contact us with your request. The Freedom of Information Act provides the following rights:
- A legal right for each person to access official information held by a FOI body.
- A legal right for each person to have official information relating to himself/herself amended where it is incomplete, incorrect or misleading.
- A legal right to obtain reasons for decisions affecting himself/herself.
What you need to know when applying for an FOI request
- Your application should be in writing.
- Your application should indicate that the information is sought under the Freedom of Information Act.
- You should indicate if the information is required in a particular form, e.g. photocopy, email, etc.
- You should give as much detail as possible to enable the PSI to identify the record/s. If you have difficulty in identifying the precise records we will be happy to assist you in preparing your request.
- You may be asked to prove your identity, especially when requesting personal information. You may be asked to produce your passport, driving licence or other form of identification.
- You should include a daytime telephone number so that you can be contacted if it is necessary to clarify details of your request.
- You should pay the prescribed fee (if applicable) by cheque or bank draft made payable to the PSI.
- The PSI is obliged to respond to your request within four weeks.
Freedom of Information requests to the Pharmaceutical Society of Ireland should be addressed to:
Dr. Cheryl Stokes
Freedom of Information Officer
PSI – the Pharmacy Regulator
15-19 Fenian Street
Dublin 2, D02 TD72
Telephone: +353 (0)1 218 4000
Click on the headings below for more information